The Sausage Part 2

However, and for whatever reason, the sausage liberated itself is still unclear. Word came to me that a friend of mine, had upon returning home from the festivities, discovered the sausage in his pocket. Then as anyone who finds a strange sausage upon their person would do, he sliced it up and began to enjoy the last familial connection my father had given me. In fact, another friend who was his roommate saw him eating it and yelled "That's Shin's sausage! It's the only thing his dad ever gave him!" 

Shortly thereafter, I had a conversation about this with my brother, still away at school. He had never received his sausage, one can only imagine the psychological implications of this packaged meat slight. He lamented the loss of mine in empathy. To ease the pain of loss, he gave me a replacement sausage as a gift for the holidays.This is the point at which the sausage began to take on the aspect of "tradition".

If we fast forward a year, we find ourselves in a place where I have met my brother's girlfriend for the first time. As an offer of welcome into the family, I re-gifted the sausage to her explaining the gravity of the meat. 

She understood, for 3 years later, as I unwrapped her gift to me, tears of joy rolled down my face as I gazed upon the coveted sausage of bonding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5000

another day at the office