Part 9.1

Parts:
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
____________________________________________

The crowd of people that flooded the house continued to grow so it was good when it moved out of the apartment into a house in another town. Like nomads, vagabonds, we followed it. The place was pivotal in our lives. In a time where only drug dealers had beepers, if you needed to find someone this was the place to go. There were enough people coming and going that whoever you were looking for, someone knew where they could be found. Anytime you wanted to know where a party was regardless of where in the county, this was where to go. If there was a show going on somewhere people here would know about it. If there was a trek down to the shore in the winter, if there was a gambling binge down in Atlantic City this was where it would begin.
At this point in time we even had strangers from other states stopping by that noone knew. I remember an old man who drove cross country in a jeep/truck stopping by. It looked as if he had taken it on safari down in Africa. In fact, I may have seen it in a documentary on tv. He was done driving and would be walking now so he wanted to sell the vehicle. I have no idea how he found us.
There was a whole new cast of characters here. As well as the ones I may have mentioned earlier. Some of the new introductions included Dina who was a 'dancer', Neighbor Bob, his roommate Aussie Dave, Dirty Shawn and a few others I'll be bringing around as the story falls.
The constant flow of people probably attracted some attention from the neighbors, but to be honest I never met or saw most of them. Perhaps we intimidated them. Neighbor Bob however was of a more curious mindset. In full swing of a raucous house warming party (which lasted for months) Bob came by and introduced himself.
Bob may genuinely be one of the friendliest people I know. My life was definately enriched with the addition of him to my list of close friends. He owned some really nice guitars and I was one of two people he would even let touch his Guild. I drool sometimes when I think of it. It was a hollow body.....but then, you might not be interested so I'll move on. His home quickly became the mellow hang out. If the noisesome gamblings and flagrant activities of Norms began to wear on you, you might walk down the street Bob's and relax. I respected Norm for him being who he was. I respected Bob as someone I would like to become. Not that I would like his identity or anything like that, but.....he's good people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5000

another day at the office