Part 9.2

i just watched collateral with tom cruise and jamie foxx. jamie foxx has surprised me as an actor. he was pretty good in this and in ray. as for tom cruise, well he's better at being tom cruise than ben affleck is at being ben affleck.

i'll link the previous parts later.
_______________________________________________
I had become friends with Dina during the outer fringes of the last house.
It wasn't until later that I found out she was a dancer. She was a pretty blonde girl with a bit of what some call sass. Once, in a drunken haze she had vowed "I'm going to have him." This was made about Neighbor Bob the night she met him. And true to her word, the two of them have been married for several years now.
It was never really in question. From the moment the two of them got together it was almost impossible to think of them as separate entities regardless of the fact he was ten years her senior.
The wedding was down in New Orleans during the Jazz Fest. Reasons were twofold. Firstly, they wanted to give their friends an excuse to go down and experience one of their favorite events in one of their favorite places. Secondly, this was where their first official date was at. New Orleans was amazing. What can I say? I got drunk there for the first time in over a decade. Of course, being allergic with no tolerance caused me to leave sober, pass through buzzed into drunk and land on the curb in one block.
This turned out to be one of my first dates with my dream girl. So memories of this week and a half are stamped on my brain in a frustratingly pleasant manner. The music was great, street musicians mingled with mimes and kids tap dancing with bottle caps on their shoes. The weather was hot but I barely noticed.
We spent the days playing tourist, voodoo witch-doctors blessed beans for a dollar, Anne Rice has a big metal dog on a balcony of her house in the garden district. Tours of cemeteries and ghosts and voodoo. The food was amazing and I sampled as much as I could avoiding anything that had been near alcohol or involving crustacious bottom feeders.
And the music, I got to see Ray Charles, Santana, Willie Nelson, The Funky Meters and a slew of other lesser known musicians. It is one of the best memories (read: pleasant) I have in my repertoire. Sometimes it's a curse and sometimes it keeps me warm. Make of that what you wish.

Comments

kim said…
self promotion: www.toughbusty.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

5000

another day at the office