The Eagle's Rock

This is the order you should read these....well, that's my belief anyway. 1 2 3
_________________________________________________
Steering wheel cranked all the way around, gas pedal flush with the floor, scenery outside the window a midnight blur. This was about the time I realized the bench, disguised as the front seats, was not actually attached to the car. I slid my way face-first into the glove compartment and stayed there for a moment. Fortunately, the force of inertia relinquished her hold when the rollers started flashing. We waited patiently while the law was laid down then continued on our way to meet up with the others.

I had just met this guy and Fess and I hitched a lift with him. As he pulled out into the road he turned to me. "I thought we were fucked. I'm drunk as shit right now", he slurred at me. 'Oh good', I thought, 'Only, you got one of the pronouns wrong.'

Now, as far as my brain is concerned there were no events that occurred between the time we arrived at the theater and the drive to the diner. Obviously, my brain is wrong, as a movie had happened as well as a melding of groups. My mind must have limited space and has expunged all the unnecessary bits. In fact the entire remainder of the trip there has been been spliced out.

Surprisingly, we were the first to arrive so I went ahead and procured us a table for 20. The rest would have to fend for themselves. Drunk Guy would later be replaced by a cute girl who would show me her tits as an introduction. But....that's for the next post.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5000

another day at the office