Damnit Janet

do you need to read this, or this first? what else have you got to do? i've got no links for you.
________________________________________________
A policeman once told me, up to ten people is a gathering, more than that is a party. There was a small party gathering at my house. Amidst the mini-throng of unfamiliar faces at the end of my driveway was a splash of friend here and there. Fester was among them and he was one of my closest friends at the time. The skate-rats called him Fess.

A few things you should know about Fess. He was thin and carried himself in an oddly skewed manner. His hair was long and arranged in such a way as to almost but not quite resemble seaweed, ragged and swept by random tides. And yet, there was something there that beckoned to the ladies. At certain points in time there were literally girls lined up to lay claim on him. But this story is not about him or his women, that is for another time. For now, all you need to know is that he was there.

Another familiar face was that of the vague SOE. The less said, the better.

And so it began, here, at the cusp of home, 12 people who hardly knew one another, one VW Rabbit, one pickup truck driven by two guys noone knew and a journey of moderate length. The destination, The Rocky Horror Picture Show*. The driving arrangements were awkward, w/ 7 people forcefed into the tiny space known as the VW Rabbit and with Fess, SOE and I riding in the flatbed of the truck driven by two guys noone knew (henceforth referred to as one unit named TGNK.)

The ride down was pretty much uneventful, discounting the burning lumber in the back of the truck while driving over 60 mph down the highway. When we arrived I looked at a the mass of impending friendships and spotted her. She was beautiful and she was missing a good portion of her right foot.
_________________________________________________
for those of you who aren't familiar with the phenomenon of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, it was a failed campy musical starring Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon and Meatloaf. somehow it gained an enormous cult following of people who would yell out things at the screen as the movie played on through. it even developed a floor show with people dressed in costume/drag playing out the parts of the movie during the movie. and it was always on a friday night showing at midnight. i met many degenerates this way.

Comments

sk8rn said…
I was never brave enough to attend a Rocky Horror Picture show as I had heard "virgins" to the show got a lot of attention and that was enough for me to chicken out. I hope to hear more about your visit there, as perhaps i can live vicariously through you what I missed out on.
Mr Anigans said…
it's true...though i somehow escaped this my first time and then well...it was never my first time again....
Anonymous said…
My [url=http://www.saclongchampfr2013.eu]solde sac longchamp[/url] recommended I may like this web site. sac longchamp soldes [url=http://www.saclongchampfr2013.eu]sac longchamp discount[/url] , He was once totally right. This put up truly made my day. You can not

Popular posts from this blog

5000

another day at the office