so i decided that the red was killing me...no matter what color print i used...it was hard to read. so i re-built the template. let me know if it looks fucked on your browser. and if it does, what browser you're using.

also, i've been negligent in my blogging and my blog surfing (i still don't like that word 'blog'. couldn't they have come up with a better word?). one of the blogs i've been neglecting is this one, Alli's (of Tof Reknin fame) 63 Days. you should go... it's an amazing story. it will move you, i swear.
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

So when I first started this blog, I was just looking for a place to dump some monkey pictures. I put this together real fast named it Hall of the Monkey King, for several reasons. One is the obvious Monkey part, two, I've always been kind of fond of Grieg and three, the Monkey King was one of my favorite stories from chinese mythology. It also happens to be one of the few fond memories I have of my childhood/father. We never meshed well, but I was always eager to hear more about the Monkey King. The character was a mischievious king/god of monkeys and so suited me. I've always wanted a tattoo but never wanted to get one that would mean shit to me in years to come. There is an image in my head of the Monkey King, sitting on a throne all cocky with the long feathers coming off of his 'hat', with his staff (that can grow and shrink to any size but weighs more than anyone can carry that he normally keeps in his ear), leaning off to the left. This I want as half of a backpiece on my left shoulder. I need something from western mythology that holds as much meaning for the right.

Then as I started to upkeep it, I realized I could use this to begin familiarizing myself with HTML code and what not. Also I thought maybe it would get me back into writing. Unfortunately, I can't get it back.... I've lost my voice. Now it's mostly just improv off the top of my head. I wonder if it's because I rearranged my creative output for music which was mostly improv. It feels forced now.
+------------------------------------------------------------+
hmmm...it's late....i gotta sleep. gotta go rest up for.......work tomorrow....sigh....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5000

another day at the office