Well, well. What do we have here? Another segment of crackhead tales.
first
next
next again
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
The result of my car getting hit was tremendous. I still had a lien on it which needed to be paid off in full (because I didn't get GAP insurance). The car I rented to get me around......got hit (again with the no insurance). Also I needed to find a replacement car quick. Now, with the Crackhead stealing, and the car issues I was in the hole for about $4000. Just like that. Slowly I sank into a deep depression and discovered some recessive traits, possibly inherited from dear ol dad.

Stress was a constant for the remainder of the year. Whenever I wasn't home I was aware that had he really wanted to, he could have simply knocked the doors in to get to my stuff, deadbolt or no. My other roommate solved this issue by not owning anything of value.

This still didn't solve the no bill payin' problem. Eventually, I called his daughter up and explained to her that, he was simply not paying rent, and we could not afford this anymore. I'm not sure what happened, but the landlords stopped harassing me for the missing moneys.

My other roommate had the electric bill in his name. After a couple of months, he couldn't afford to let it slide anymore. So one night, he burst into the Crackhead's room and screamed at him to turn off the tv. "That's my fuckin' electricity you're using!!!" After he left the room, the Crackhead turned the tv right back on again. Having had enough, my friend stormed back in and not only turned off the tv, but stole the guy's lightbulb. Brilliant.

Some interesting things you might like to know about the crackhead. He kept a jar of pee in his room. I had gone into his room one day. His meager belongings did not add up to the amount of money he owed me, so by my calculations, it was all my stuff. Also I found a 'bowl' he had constructed out of a trial size shampoo bottle, some band-aids and some foil. Presumably it wasn't for crack smoking since you probably couldn't light a rock on that thing. It also may have explained the burned plastic smell. But it certainly didn't explain the ironing with no pants on or the "Hi, Ed, at the office." type phone calls he made while on the terlit.

My favorite Crackhead moment was 6 months in. I confronted him about the money he owed me (this was when I got the $40 from him). He got all naked and belligerent with me. (ok, he didn't get naked with me. He was naked and also belligerent with me.) He came yammering at me, "C'mon man, I been on crutches for 5 months. 5 months man." Well, it all makes sense now, what with the not being able to find a job. I mean if he was on crutches for 5 months. Too bad I lived with him and know he was on crutches for 5 days.

My next favorite Crackhead quote was to my other roommate. "I know Shin's a playa. I see all dese married white women he's got. But I'm da king o playas."

So I moved out a month early. Cut my losses and jumped ship. I tried using my security deposit as my last month's rent, but the landlord's wife wouldn't have any of it. Wanted it all done legit. Turns out I was the only one who paid it. My roommate was tapped out on cash covering the Crackhead's share of the bills for three months. And the Crackhead was certainly not going to pay. In fact, even though I moved out early, and I was the only one who paid them, they came after me when the Crackhead stayed an extra 16 days saying we owed them another month's rent. The fucking nerve! The Crackhead was still in their house and they came to me looking for the money. I threatened to take them to court and 4 months later got my security back. Had I not gotten it back, I was going to figure out how much I'd lost, add how much the Crackhead owed me, and figure out how many broken bones that would have been worth and gone hunting.

The morals of this story are:
Don't live with a crackhead. It might seem like a good idea at the time but you'll regret it.
Don't be the nice guy and do the right thing. Cuz fuckers will take advantage of you.
Don't trust my instincts.
Apparently prostitutes will accept payment in coinage. As will liquor stores and crack dealers.
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

this may be the end of the crackhead saga but my life is filled with stories just like it,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5000

another day at the office