more for your reading enjoyment

how can the definition of the word 'picaro' be 1. PICARO? a picara is a female picaro and a picaro is a picaro. what the hell is webster trying to pull here?

i was trying to find the spelling of 'peccadillo', so that i could use it in a sentence and appear learn-ed. but now that i see the definition i may not have been using it in the right way. then again it tells me the definition of picaro is picaro.

does anyone else read the dictionary or am i once again 'the freak'? i often find myself in this category, or the 'weird' or 'strange' category. although the people who tell me this are usually saying this to me in a friendly and jovial way. but i wonder, do the people who don't tell me this really think i'm weird (ie. those that are not my friends) is it along the lines of "if people make fat jokes around you then you're not fat yet"? then again....i'm not trying to be weird or freakish. it just seems to be attracted to me.

Comments

kim said…
En espanol --> pecado = sin picar = to bother, liike what a buzzing fly would do
Anonymous said…
1. A rogue or adventurer. Also called picaroon.
2. The main character in a picaresque work when that character is a man or boy. (huck finn could be called a picaro)

Or it could be a mispronunciation of "piccolo"

Dictionaries are fun to play with. You learn great insults that way. Nothing like being rude & snobby at the same time. :)

-Jewlz
Sara said…
Recently I said to someone, thinking we were in the same bucket, "Yeah I could get lost in a dictionary for hours." Then there was a palpable shift in our vibe, and he said, "Not me."

Popular posts from this blog

5000

another day at the office