Divine intervention or something

for your reading enjoyment i will now tell you about my very first car accident. first a little backstory. for some reason my parents didn't/wouldn't help me get my drivers license, so my friend Mike taught me how to drive an hour before i went to go take the test. (i passed too) the very next week i was hanging out with my friend Jay and these two girls Pam and Megan. everyone was drinking except for me, since i'd quit when i was 15. (i'm allergic to alcohol, i found this out the hard way. then my dad told me that it runs in the family 4 years later. good timing dad)
ok, so since i had just gotten my license and everyone else was drinking Jay told me to drive for a bit. so i did. i should probably tell you now that i was driving his mom's sportscar. (not a really nice one, but still.)
think you know where this is going yet? hah! nope. so we drive around for a while. the girls are in the back seat passing out. Jay's in the passenger seat and he's going down for the count. so i wake his ass up, cuz i'm lost and don't know where i should be driving to. he opens one eye and says "just turn around here."
i start into a 'k' turn and promptly back the car into the biggest mailbox on the face of the planet. in fact it sustained no noticable damage at all while shattering the back windshield and leaving an enormous dent right down the center of the trunk.
girls wake up screaming because glassshards are landing in their big hair. Jay's yelling "ok, whatever happens, YOU were NOT driving my mom's car!" which of course is fine with me.
a lot of panic happens and we decide it's best to drop the girls off. on the way back to his house, we start trying to concoct a story to keep us from getting killed. Jay decided we would tell her that something fell off a bridge and hit the car. i didn't like this one but....
so he tells his mom, and she doesn't say a word and grabs the phone, calls the police and hands Jay the phone. he freaks but sticks to the story. turning to me he says "which bridge?" so i pick one at random. turns out that the bridge i picked was under construction and they were worried that it might be falling apart, so they wanted us to come in and tell them what happened. we decided it would be easier if only one of us was lying to the cops. later he told me that he had described an 'L' shaped bar about 3 feet long and all rusted. we didn't know what to do with it so we threw it to the side of the road.
the next morning his mom dragged his ass out of bed at the crack of dawn and they went to the bridge i picked out. not only were there skid marks under the bridge, but the was a rusty 'L' shaped bar right where we "left it".
$2000 worth of damage, all covered. whew.

true story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5000

another day at the office