I'm still awake.....

i was tired not that long ago.

ok....here's a brief part of my life for you to enjoy.

once i lived in a house in Plainfield NJ. for those of you who don't know...Plainfield is pretty ghetto. there are nice parts of Plainfield, but i think it falls into the same category of town as Newark and East Orange, which means "gangstas live there". i lived in small area that was just outside of the nice areas and just a little further outside the badlands.
the house was a split level house. meaning, we lived on the second and third floor, and the landlords lived downstairs. (the landlord btw, was The Sandman on Showtime at the Apollo. he hooked the bad people off stage)
now, the upstairs part of the house was supposed to be haunted. i never saw anything but my roommate had the lights go on and off randomly in his room. (there are other stories but they don't concern me and unless you ask, i won't tell you)
this was the house where i found a hardboiled egg in the terlit. this was also the house that i lived with "the crackhead". when i first met him (want ads drew him in) he was very respectable looking, his daughter was with him and she was pleasant and well spoken. he was introduced as Sam. when my friend Sara first visited and met him i introduced him as Sam. he introduced himself as Ed. he also introduced himself to my friend Jay as Ed-dogg. he refered to himself as Eddie to my roommate. to me he was just the crackhead.
his bedroom was on the way to the stairs leading out. and sometimes he would iron with no pants on, junk just hanging out in the wind, door wide open. why did he iron? who knows...he never worked. maybe he wanted to look good in front of the crack-ho's. crack-ho's by the way have a tendency to drop by whenever and ring the bell 20-30 times all the while yelling that they want in. and usually they are pregnant.
he was always running some scam or another that always flopped. i would hear him lie to just about everyone. he stole around $300 in change from me. (i wonder what the dealers and hookers thought of him buying with quarters) i had my room boobie trapped with a wrench just over the door frame waiting to clock some greedy coin snatching fool.
actually he did work for a few days when he first moved in. i guess he felt he needed to maintain the illusion. two weeks in though and the truth came out. the house smelled like burning plastic mingling with vanilla scented air-freshener. what happened was that he broke his foot and hobbled about for a week on crutches. 8 monthes later when i confronted him about the money he owed me (he said his friend "Larry" who was dying of AIDS took the money), he declared in a slurred voice (this was also another naked episode) "I been on crutches for 5 monthes. FIVE monthes!" why would he lie to me about this when i lived with him?
another note...he once told my other roommate, "I know Shin's a playa! I see these married white women he has comin over. But I'm the king of playas!" no married white women came over. i don't know if that was some kind of status symbol for him or just a weird fantasy.
his full name is SAMUEL EDWARD DAWKINS....he's in his 50's and black. if you ever meet him...feel free to punch him in the face.

also in this house my car got totalled in a hit and run accident. let me repeat...TOTALLED! it was slammed in the rear knocking my car about 15 feet foward and in again at a 45 degree angle. here look....

crap....i was going to put up a link with a pic. but photobucket is geeking out on me.

anyway, that was the year my girlfriend dumped me so it was a pretty shitty year. i think i actually went insane a few times. ok that's all.

ps. i had to rent a car for a few days after that. someone hit that too. i didn't get the stupid insurance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5000

another day at the office